Welcome to the Smartphone manufacturing industry, where alternatives are still considered top notch. This is an industry that has no control over how high or how affordable can products get. Some live to compete some while other brands try to create a pricing standard. In search of quality and practicality, we have seen even established brands introduce a series of devices that promises the same level craftsmanship and attention to quality but more affordable.
Some brands are not fully dedicated in providing their following with less expensive alternatives. At the end of the day, it’s a business and we should still be thankful. Through established brand’s research and price adjustments, we now have the knowledge as to what is considered a high-class specification that could warrant a higher price tag and what are the low to mid specs that are packed with marketing statements and tactics that unnecessarily praises the device.
They did create a pricing standard but that only led to a series of forgettable device. That changed when alternative brands pushed the boundary. They began to integrate high rated hardware and software but understandably, even when they offered their creations for less, we still chose to go with the more known brands because of two magic words- customer service.
That is no longer the case this 2015. Alternative brands give big names in the industry a run for their money. Price comparisons are now available online. Lesser known names are making surges on the tech news for really sparking an interest among seasoned reviewers and first time buyers. These models are comparable in terms of intuitiveness and power. But in price, these models take the win by a mile.
Get the best of what the latest smartphone manufacturers could offer for no more than Php 15, 000.00. Models like:
1. Huawei Honor 6 – It has a 13MP rear camera with 5MP secondary shutter. It combines a Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A15 and a second set of quad-core Cortex-A7 clocked at 1.3 GHz. Fast transitions are made possible with a 3GB RAM. It can store up to 16GB of digital file that can be further expanded to 64GB more. Get this for Php15,000.00.
2. Lenovo K80 – has an amazing battery rating at 4000 mAh. Other desirable features include a 13MP primary camera with a 5MP front cam. It runs on a Quad core 1.8 GHz 64-bit Intel Atom, partnered with a 4GB RAM. Has a built-in 64 GB memory capacity. It can be expanded for another 64GB space. This could go for as low as P 12,000.00.
3. Xiaomi Mi4i –Has a Sony and Samsung developed 13MP primary camera with a 5MP selfie platform. It has 2GB RAM. It has fast transitions that could also be attributed to the device’s 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 615 and Adreno 405 CPU. Though not memory expandable, 16GB should be enough to store a massive amount of your data. This could be yours for just Php 10,000.00.
4. ASUS Zenfone 2- The first to launch a device with 4GB RAM. With that power plus a Quad core 2.3 GHz Intel Atom Z3580, even the most complex applications have an optimized running and transition speeds. If you don’t want to play games, you can use the Zenfone 2 for casual photography. This is armed with a 13MP rear and 5MP front camera. You can secure the 4GB RAM model for no more than Php 14,000.00.
Or you could look for models from the previous year and early releases of 2015. For a budget of Php 15,000.00, you can get units that run with 2GB RAM, 16 GB built-in memory and as high as 13MP primary camera.
- Xiaomi Mi3
- ASUS ZenFone 6
- Starmobile Diamond X1
- MyPhone Agua Infinity
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Cherry Mobile Omega Infinity
- LG G2 Mini
- THL T100S
These are only some of your options. Like romantic bestfriend movies—we all know the result. You may be neglecting your best friend in search for someone or something that you deem has higher value. Still, all it takes is a moment to appreciate your best friend’s efforts and presence. And that could lead to a good, greater and the best thing.